Available Openings at Tycon Companies
Current Job Openings
Tycon Companies is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team.
The Maintenance Technician would be responsible for the general appearance and maintenance of the physical property at various locations throughout the Twin Cities. This position reports to a Maintenance Supervisor but must be able to establish a good working relationship with other staff members and residents.
- Responsible for apartment turnovers including lock change outs and needed repairs
- Diagnose and perform minor maintenance and repairs in a timely manor
- Receive and Complete work orders via phone app
- Respond quickly to emergency events and follow safety protocol
- Survey buildings and ensure they meet health and safety standards
- Demonstrate strong professionalism and integrity while representing Tycon Companies
- Work with managers and tenants to complete work orders
- Ability to travel within the Twin Cities area to numerous buildings as needed
- 2 years of previous maintenance experience preferred
- Experience in all common rental repair issues including light electrical, plumbing, troubleshooting appliances, door, and window repair.
- Basic knowledge of iPhone usage – all work orders are distributed via an app to technician (including ability to take and attach pictures)
- Ability to work on-call evenings and weekends on rotation
- Boilers License preferred but not required
- CPO Certified preferred but not required
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and insurance – must have reliable transportation
- Clean criminal record
Tycon Companies offers paid vacation, time and a half overtime pay, mileage reimbursement as needed, on call pay and partial health insurance reimbursement after 1 year of service. The ideal candidate would be dependable, flexible and be able to work independently. Start time is 8:00 AM and typically ends at 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. If interested, please e-mail your resume to us here.